Sunday, July 15, 2007

Well, this week has been interesting, as usual. I ran over our cat's tail on Friday. He's 8 years old and has always been a slow mover anyway. I was driving into the carport and he just didn't get out of the way in time. I felt so bad about it. I called the vet and they said he would probably be fine. So far so good.
Jonah told me this week I was turning into a man. Don't you just love hearing that kind of thing from your kid? So touching. He said it because for the past 2 years I've been shaving my arms (which breaks one of my mom's cardinal rules..."Never start shaving your arms. You'll regret it." Another one I sometimes break is, "Don't ever look at truck drivers. You may see something you don't want to see." Anyway, I decided to stop shaving my arms about a month ago. Jonah apparently noticed this week.
Jonah and Finley took a big spill in the buggy at Big Lots (really that was last week, but I think it bears telling). Finley was in the front seat of the buggy and Jonah was walking. I let go and turned away for about 10 seconds...then I heard a huge crash. Jonah had tried to coast while holding on the the handle. It flipped right over, and he landed on his back with the buggy on top of him, and Finley still in the seat. It scared me so much I sat right down and cried in Big Lots. This guy with a mullet (very puffy mullet, I might add) came over while I was crying and showed me a bunk bed. I think the sight of his hair helped me pull myself together. Thank the Lord, the kids were fine.
Finley has learned to climb up on the table. Jonah never even attemped this. (He's not exactly a risk taker. Too much like me.) Finley not only climbed on our table, but also Gigi's and MawMaw's. My PawPaw loved this because my mom used to climb on the table to eat out of the sugar bowl when she was a baby.
Here is a confession. I play Webkinz every night after my kids go to bed. Jonah has adopted 2 Webkinz (a dog named Redman and a bunny named Sallie) and I'm just addicted to playing Webkinz. If you don't know what it is, don't find out. You'll get addicted, too. Let's just say I'm about 25 years too old to be playing it.

3 comments:

Todd Wright said...

Parenthood - anything but dull, heh?

Shelly said...

great stuff.

Todd Wright said...

Hey baby - I tagged you on my blog. Go check it out and let other people see the weirdness that I know you have inside.