Sunday, July 08, 2007

I sang "a solo" in worship today for the first time in about 3 years. I've refused to sing for a long time now because I just couldn't handle the anxiety that came with it. That's something that's been hard for Todd to understand. I know it sounds strange, but I would literally be swept away by a feeling of panic when I had to sing (and at lots of other times too). It was uncontrollable. It really got to the point that my anxiety was almost unbearable and was affecting my life in a major way. I finally started dealing with it about 6 months ago, and to be honest, I feel really great that I was able to do this today. I had to work really hard to control my anxiety over the past 48 hours or so. (I know that sounds so crazy, but it's true!) I mean, I had to REALLY WORK at it. But, I made it through the song, and Todd said I did a great job. That's all, folks!

8 comments:

Robert Conn said...

Yeah!

Todd Wright said...

She nailed it, y'all. I'll post a video of it in the confessional.

Susie Moore said...

I remember when you would sing at HHBC and it was always great. Good for you!

Shelly said...

go kristen, go kristen!!!!!

Rachel said...

I love to hear you sing. I can't wait for the video. I love you friend and can't wait to see you.

Amy said...

I just watched Todd's latest worship confessional because I read that you were going to be on it. You sounded great! It made me miss those days of hearing you and Todd singing together every Sunday.

Shelly said...

I posted a comment on todd's blog

Rachel said...

I listened to you as well. You are a great singer. You've got to keep it up. Your voice was made to be heard.