Friday, April 20, 2007




Yesterday, we went to dinner at Logan's Roadhouse. Jonah had never been there before, and he loved that they had a bucket of peanuts on every table, and you could put the shells right on the floor. He didn't eat a lot of peanuts, but he did put a lot of shells on the floor. Imagine that. Then, when Todd took him to wash his hands before we left, on the way back to the table, he grabbed peanuts out of the buckets on every table that they passed. I think Todd was walking in front so he didn't notice until it was too late. I'm just glad he didn't grab food off other people's plates.

Today, Finley walked down the hall to Jonah's room. Up till now, she's taken maybe 5 steps at once, so it really surprised Todd and me. Then, when Todd went into Jonah's room to get her, he found her eating a piece of an old tortilla. I don't know how old it was, but it was old enough to be about as hard as a saltine cracker. How did she find it? I never even saw it in there. I guess I would have noticed it if I was 2 1/2 feet tall.

Yesterday was field day at Jonah's school. He had a great time. They had a big inflatable slide, face painting, sno cones, bubbles, play doh, sidewalk chalk, etc. (I was expecting a 100 yard dash or softball throw like we had at field day when I was a kid. But I guess preschoolers don't do that.)

The funniest part of field day was when, after everyone else had gone inside, Todd went down the big inflatable slide. He shouted, "Woooo! Yeah!" as he was going down, and then he tried to get off the slide. I think he was going to do one big bounce then pop up on his feet, but I heard him go, "WUH" and when I looked he had landed right on his rear. I don't think I've ever seen him look more surprised.

3 comments:

Todd Wright said...

It was quite humiliating, but I too, wish we had video of it.

I LOVE YOUR BLOG, BABY!

Rachel said...

That is so hilarious. Sorry Todd.

Susie Moore said...

I love your blog. I honestly get the most excited when I see you have posted a new one. They are hilarious.