Saturday, April 07, 2007





This morning, in the span of about 1 hour, Finley broke a glass jar, a cereal bowl, and pulled a lamp off the end table. She's just gotten to the stage where she's getting into everything. It may seem like we weren't watching her, but we really were, except for one time when Todd and I were playing each other on Gamecube Marvel Nemesis. All the rest of the time we really were watching her. And the other day, she crawled out from under the table with a SPIDER on the end of her NOSE! At first I thought it was dead, because it was kind of rolled up into a ball, but when I flicked it off it started uncurling and moving around. Plus, it was my worst kind, those crabby looking ones with the set of long legs that look kind of like pinchers. I bet she tried to put it in her mouth, but it crawled right up onto her nose instead. Can you imagine?

We've had a bad turn of events on the whole house situation. The VERY DAY we finally signed a contract on the house we're supposed to buy, we found out our buyers want us to come down off the price of the house because of some things on the home inspection. Like $3000. We just couldn't do it. So we called our realtor and told her that, and when she relayed the message to their realtor, she said, "Well, can't they come down even $500?" The realty game is just beyond me. Honestly. So we said we could come down $500, but we haven't heard if they still want the house or not. The drama of all this is too much for poor little Todd. He doesn't like the wheeling and dealing of it all. He didn't even want to be in the room while I was on the phone talking about it.

Yesterday we went to Maw Maw's for dinner and the big easter egg hunt. Jonah is so funny hunting eggs. He is so busy talking he can't hunt eggs. And yesterday for some reason he wanted to hunt eggs in a cape. Later, I asked him why and he said, "Because I wanted to have a real live super hero easter egg...Um...I just wanted to look cool." Finley didn't really know what was going on, but we posed her and took her picture as if she was really hunting eggs. Every year I help hide the eggs and every year I hide them in the same place. Guess the kids will catch on eventually.


It snowed like crazy today. I mean, really really snowed (for Lufkin.) Jonah and I even had a little snowball fight. Jonah took complete credit for the snow. He said, "HA HA! My genius plan worked!" We let him play out there for quite a while, because he'll probably have kids of his own before it snows like that around here again. He stayed out too long, in fact. He knocked on the door (who knows why he doesn't just come right in, but he never does) and when I opened the door, he gave a little shriek and said, "I just peed my pants!" I think all the playing in the snow tired him out, because it's 7:00, and both the kids are in bed. (Ha ha...MY genius plan worked!)

5 comments:

daniel said...

I'm pretty sure you have the coolest house/family ever. I love these stories!

Forrest said...

your blog rocks todd's blog like a potato gun - for realz - Have you noticed in every story you are defending your parenting?

Michael James said...

very funny and entertaining!

Romack said...

Man, I can only imagine what my kids are going to get into...you guys can see just fine and she can do some damage!

How come the Wright family (including Jonah) have to be so stinkin' funny?

Rachel said...

I would like to know what Jonah's plan was that made it snow. I love to hear their ideas and figure out how their little minds work.

You are quite funny. I'm glad you're my friend.