Thursday, March 22, 2007

Today was a LONG day.
Jonah started waking up at about 5:30 am. Probably because he was really excited about his school field trip to Brookshire Brothers Fresh Market today.
Todd was out the door by 7:00 and on his way to College Station to meet with Ross King.
I dropped Jonah off at school, where I talked to Mrs. Mary Jane about his trip to the office. Apparently he's been pushing and yelling at the other kids. Yikes.
Finley and I went to Target to get her a replacement shirt for the one that got mildew on it in the laundry a couple of days ago. My mom bought the original shirt and I didn't want her to know it got mildewed, so I bought a secret replacement.
While we were there, Finley got her arm caught in the buggy. I couldn't get it out! And I couldn't take her out of the buggy because she was stuck. I actually felt a little panicky. I had to get a Target worker to help me get her arm out. She was fine.
When I got home, I had a message on my machine from the realtor, saying they wanted to show my house today at 5:00. I've let the house slide just a little because we haven't had a showing in a week and a half. So I had to do some super fast cleaning to get it all ship-shape for the realtor. I always think really irrational things while I'm cleaning for a showing..."Maybe I could paint those baseboards in Jonah's room real quick," or,"Maybe I could replace that bathroom faucet with the new one we bought 4 years ago but never installed." Idiot!
I picked Jonah up from school and we all went to Sonic. I got to hear all about his trip to the grocery store, the highlight of which was a lesson about sea food. Someone named Pat showed them an "octopus just laying there, for eating." I never knew our local Brookshire's carried octopus... but then I've never been in the market for one. He also saw lobster tails, shrimp and a giant black fish with 2 eyes.
Since we couldn't be home while the house was being shown (twice, it turns out) we went to my mom's to wait for Todd to get home. This took FOREVER! Finally he got there and delivered a FreeBird's burrito to me. (Special ordered by me 3 hours earlier.)
After we got home, Jonah brought me a little bouquet he picked. SWEET! I truly think he is the most gorgeous little boy I've ever seen.
See how long this blog is, and I've left out most of the day! That just shows what a long day it really was. Finally the kids are asleep, and Todd is out for a walk, which is really just a cover for calling all his friends to give them a recap of his day with Ross.
I'm so tired. And it's not even 9:30 yet.
But Todd's day off is tomorrow! And he's taking 2 days off next week! (Or so he says. I'll believe when I see it.)
My final thought: Why is Dr. Pepper so good?

2 comments:

Angela said...

FAVORITE LINE: "Todd is out for a walk, which is really just a cover for calling all his friends to give them a recap of his day with Ross."

That made me laugh...and I don't know why Dr. Pepper is so good.

Rachel said...

I also never knew Brookshire Bros. carried octopus. I wonder how far that octopus had to travel to get the Lufkin.

I miss you friend. You are so funny and I love all your crazy adventures.