Saturday, March 31, 2007

Finley ate a bug yesterday. She didn't swallow it, just chewed it. Usually I keep the floor bug free, but we've been having tons of "gal-nippers" (yes, that's what we call them) in the house. They fly in and then die behind the furniture and I never know they were here. Finley found one and ate it. Taking a bug out of her mouth was just about too much for me.

Jonah is a bug mad man. He catches them to put inside his "bug habitat." Yesterday, he caught 2 gal-nippers, a caterpillar, a june bug and 2 identical beatles with orange stripes. They were apparently husband and wife, because I "walked in on them" last night. You know, that's the kind of thing you see on nature shows, but it's just not something you want to see up close, in your own house. No thank you, bugs.

Then, this morning, we found a dead bunny on or door mat, compliments of our cat Henry. I just switched his food last week to a "senior" formula (he's 8 years old) and I guess he really likes his new food so he brought me a dead bunny as a thank you. Either that, or I'm not feeding him enough. It was raining, so Todd left the bunny there until he could dispose of it. We went out later, and all that was left was a BUNNY HEAD and a few tufts of fur.

Finley ate a clump of dirt off the floor today. I know it sounds like my floor is dirty but it's really not. We had JUST walked in the house and the dirt must have come off Jonah's shoes. Finley found it almost immediately, before I had a chance to pick it up. I don't think she liked it.

Jonah said "dammit" yesterday. He heard it on a Spiderman cartoon! He had no idea what it meant. He thought it was a beam at a construction site. He said, "Daddy, Spiderman thought that dammit was about to fall and hurt those people." So Todd had to tell him it was a bad word. Later, he said to me, "Mommy, did you know dammit was a bad word?" Then, "They said dammit on Spiderman." Then, "I know some words that rhyme with dammit....jammit, blammit, dammit!"

Can you believe they still show "McGee and Me?" Jonah's watching it right now. Maybe he won't learn any more dirty words from that.

6 comments:

Todd Wright said...

You are hilarious.

I was even present for this stuff and I still laughed when reading it.

daniel said...

hahaha! quite possibly one of the funniest blog posts i've read in a long time.

Robert Conn said...

Ahh... nothing cheers you up like beetle love and curse words!

Danielle said...

I love McGee and Me!!! Maybe the bunny was an early Easter gift. I almost threw up reading about its remains though. you are very funny Kristen!

Romack said...

That is very VERY funny.

Rachel said...

Yeah, right, he learned it from Spiderman. You know you guys are always cussing to beat 60.