Monday, February 11, 2008

This is the coversation that took place between Jonah and me this afternoon, when we were sitting at a stoplight beside an iridescent purple Lincoln Towncar with a gigantic (and perhaps vulgar, I'm not sure) hood ornament.

Jonah: Look! That car looks like a Hot Wheels.
Me: Yeah, it does.
Jonah: That looks cool.
Me: Yeah.
Jonah: Did our car used to look cool?
Me: No, our car has pretty much always looked kind of plain.
Jonah: Before you had me, were you and Daddy cool?
Me: What do you mean?
Jonah: Well, were you cool and had a cool car, or were you lame and had a lame car?
Me: What do you think?
Jonah: I think you were cool.
Me: What do you think we are now?
Jonah: You're lame!
Me: Well, give me an example of someone you know or someone you've seen that you think is cool.
Jonah: I saw this guy, and he had a really cool hat, and cool clothes and glasses, and he had some of that needle ink all over him.
Me: You mean a tattoo?
Jonah: Yeah!

This child is 6 years old. Heaven help us.

7 comments:

Romack said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Romack said...

Did he mean Justin Jinkins?

Robert Conn said...

Lame huh? Does he think your friends are lame too? Cause I don't mind getting some needle ink if I have to.

Shelly Conn said...

Funny!!!!!

Todd Wright said...

200 points to Romack for the picture....

Man, I hope my son isn't use Jinx as the measuring stick for cool.

carol said...

You're so much cooler with your new, cool hair now, even without needle ink!!

Justin Carnley said...

Very Funny! I laughed out loud. Lame.