Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I've been sick, y'all. I mean, really sick. First I thought it was a virus, then gall stones, but it turned out to be a severe urinary tract infection. (Sorry to say the word urinary on the blog.) You know, it's weird how incapacitating nausea and vomiting can be. It just completely takes away my powers of mobility. I was sitting there on my couch, throwing up right onto my living room floor, thinking, "I should probably try and walk to the bathroom" but knowing that there was absolutely no way I was going to move off that couch.



I remember the first time I got sick after I was married. All my life, my mom has brought me a cool washcloth and a cup of crushed ice when I was sick. I thought this was the universal treatment for nausea and vomiting. Imagine my surprise when I had to ASK my new husband for the washcloth and the ice. Imagine my even bigger surprise when he brought me a warm washcloth and 3 large cubes of ice (not even in a cup, he just put all three cubes right into my hand!)



So, my mom was at my house the other night, when I was sitting on the couch throwing up. And like magic, within mere seconds, she has the cool washcloth. It was almost like she already had it in her pocket, it was so fast. So, Mom, if you read this, thank you. Todd, if you read this, thank you too, for all the extra work you've done while I've been sick. Jesus, if you read this, thank you for answering my prayers that I wouldn't have to have gall bladder surgery.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better. Love ya.

Amy said...

It's great to hear that you are well!