Friday, July 27, 2007

Well, I just got back from my first ever real recording session. (I'm so important!) It was great. I had a really good time, and enjoyed hanging out with Todd's man crush, Ross, and his beautiful family. It was a really neat experience all around. One of the highlights was getting to sleep 10 hours straight last night. Another was going to Freebirds for lunch. I'm glad Todd talked me into making this trip.

We bought "prizes" for the kids (the babysitters are really the ones who deserved prizes.) We got Jonah a little Transformer and Finley got a phone pull toy. At the check out they had little Venus Flytraps for $4.00. I've never seen a real one. Plus I imagined them way bigger. I thought Jonah might like one, because he's asked us about them before. He went nuts over it. But I could tell from his face that at first he was a little worried it might bite him. Hope it doesn't, cause I told him they don't bite people.

We were worried that Jonah's new frog didn't survive our trip. (We forgot to arrange for someone to feed him. Plus we don't even really know what or how often to feed him...or her.) Anyway, I was kind of afraid to go look, but he was still alive.

While we were gone my mom tried to clean out our fridge and clogged up our disposal with broccoli. You know, broccoli at its best doesn't smell so great, but broccoli sitting overnight in the kitchen sink is just...real real bad. When we ran the disposal, it took a while but it finally came unclogged and pureed broccoli shot straight up out of the sink and got all over the kitchen cabinets. No thank you.

My mom also messed up the dead bolt on our side door last night. It was already broken but she didn't know it, so it got stuck in a locked position. She called to ask us what we thought she should do, and someone gave us advice to have her hit it with a rubber mallet. Looking back, that seems like something they would do on Looney Toons if their lock was stuck. I can just picture Foghorn Leghorn with a big rubber mallet. Anyway, that didn't work, so we had to take the whole thing apart when we got home tonight.

At bedtime tonight we realized Jonah had left Snorey Bear (his "lovey") at my mom's house, so Todd had to go get him before Jonah could go to sleep. Jonah has had Snorey Bear since he was one and is very attached to him. Finley doesn't have a regular lovey, but goes to bed most nights holding the remote control for the fan. I've tried to get her attached to a stuffed animal, but she prefers the remote.

All in all, I'm glad to be home with my kiddos. Plus my mom mopped the floor. Who could ask for anything more?

3 comments:

Amy said...

I am so excited about this CD. And, I'm so excited that you got to be a part of it. Glad you had a fun trip to record. Have fun this week with the Fullens and Conns. We will miss you all.

Robert Conn said...

You mean you were in Aggieland and you didn't buy them anything maroon? Sinners.

Shelly said...

good post, see you guys tomorrow!!!