Monday, May 07, 2007

The other day, Todd and I took the kids to the library. The book I wanted wasn't there (The Key Lime Pie Murder, which is the latest in a series books involving Hannah Swensen, a slightly overweight, curly haired 30-something who owns a bakery called the Cookie Jar. She always gets involved in a murder mystery in her small community of Lake Eden. Why so many people get murdered in Lake Eden I don't know. She's also trying to decide between 2 guys, the hot police detective, Mike, and the lovable and funny dentist Norman. I'm pulling for Norman. These books will never be classics, but hey, they're completely stress free entertainment. Anyway, they didn't have it.)
So I'm over in the section by the computers looking for the book, and as I head back to the children's section, a young blond woman watches me leave. I smile at her, and she says, loudly, "I notice when I pause, everyone around me pauses..." I beg your pardon? I said, "Hm. You mean on the computer?" She said, "No, it's just when I pause, everyone else pauses..." I just walked away. I had Finley with me, so I didn't want any trouble. Mental illness? Weed? I don't know. But I reported her to the lady at the front desk. Weird-o-rama...really.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

You always find the crazies.