Monday, November 27, 2006

Well, our new floor is done. Not by us, though. On Friday morning, we ripped up the carpet and were ready to start laying the laminate by around lunchtime. We cut 2 boards and the saw literally burst into flames. So we get another saw, work till about 5, and get only about 50 square feet done. The next morning, the saw stops working. It was not too funny. But one funny thing was that I sat down on a bench on our front porch to have a little cry, and while I was sitting there crying the bench broke. We were pretty much displaced from our house for 3 days.
We ended up having "paid professionals" install the floor this morning. They were done in about 5 hours. It looks great and I really really like it.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Enjoy your new floor! I've been painting during Thanksgiving break at our house. What was I thinking? We did get the tree up in spite of paint cans and furniture moved everywhere.

Kristen said...

Amy, what was I thinking too? We still don't have our Christmas tree up but we do have plenty of paint cans in the kitchen.

Todd Wright said...

I don't know, though, babe. I kinda' like having the couch in the kitchen...

Rachel said...

Oooo! A couch in the kitchen. Great idea!!!!